An acoustically tested door bottom seal designed for rebated installation mounted into a 13mm x 28mm groove that has been morticed into the bottom edge of the door. This acoustic seal is also available in a face mounted version.
This automatic, drop-down action, door bottom seal is spring loaded to lift clear of the floor as soon as the door leaf is opened by a few millimetres. Operates automatically, by the pressure of the door jamb on the seal's adjusting screw, to drop down and seal when the door closes and retract when the door opens.
Tested for durability 200,000 cycles completed without failure for fire rated smoke doors.Suitable for all types of wooden doors. 14mm maximum drop, Graduated Scissor action (seal drops on hinge side before lock side).
Smoke Testing was conducted to BS EN 1634-3: 2004 smoke control tests for door and shutter assemblies, openable windows and elements of building hardware – Part 3: Smoke control test for door and shutter assemblies.
Rebated Automatic Acoustic Rated Door Bottom Drop Seal
- Acoustically tested on proprietary fire doors
- Aluminium body with self extinguishing PVC rubber coextruded seal and carrier.
- Sound reduction of up to Rw 42 dB*
- Suitable for new and retrofit applications.
- Rebated fitting - comes with prefitted screws.
- Aluminium finish.
- Tested to 200,000 cycles.
- Smoke tested in accordance with BS EN 1634-3: 2004.