A co-extruded PVC, acoustic and smoke perimeter self adhesive seal. Located in the protected corners of rebated frames of single or double broad butt hinged doors and windows. The Min / Max Gap is 3mm to 5.5mm. Suitable for new and retrofit applications the seals are quick and easy to apply.
The Astro Acoustic & Smoke Perimeter seal is manufactured from a rigid and flexible flame retardant PVC, complete with an aggressive self adhesive backing tape on both sides of the rigid carrier.
For full acoustic and smoke sealing the Astro Acoustic & Smoke Perimeter seal should be used in conjunction with a rebated, semi morticed or surface mounted door bottom seal and where required acoustic & perhaps disabled access threshold seal.
Smoke Testing was conducted to BS EN 1634-3: 2004 smoke control tests for door and shutter assemblies, openable windows and elements of building hardware – Part 3: Smoke control test for door and shutter assemblies.
Retro Fit Acoustic & Smoke Perimeter Seal - Single Fin
- Rigid legs with a flexible hinged corner makes for easy fitting
- Smoke tested in accordance with BS EN 1634-3: 2004.
- Excellent compression and deflection performance
- Low closing forces due to low co-efficient material used
- Pedestrian doorsets, single and double leaf configurations
- Surface mounted substrates: timber and steel materials
- Latched and unlatched doors
- New build or retro-fit applications
- Acoustically and smoke tested on proprietary fire doors.
- Noise Reduction Index up to Rw 39dB*.